Makes 8 bars
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- ⅓ cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup whole chia seeds
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds or raw shelled pistachios
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract, optional
- ¼ tsp. almond extract, optional
- Place dates in the bowl of food processor; purée until thick paste forms. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, and vanilla and almond extracts, if using. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Add almonds; pulse until nuts are finely chopped and well distributed through date mixture.
- Spread a large sheet of wax paper on work surface, and dust with oat flour, if using. Transfer date mixture to wax paper, and use paper to press mixture into ½-inch-thick rectangle. Wrap tightly, and chill overnight.
- Unwrap block, and cut into 8 bars. Rewrap each bar in wax paper.