- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup honey or date syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups wholewheat flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or almond) – optional
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened) – optional.
- You can also add some flax seeds (for Omega 3).
*No need for a mixer for this recipe
- Heat oven to 180’C.
- Grease a loaf pan (or muffin tray)
- Place mashed bananas into a large mixing bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas. Then mix in the honey, egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into the loaf pan or muffin tray.
Bake until toothpick or a knife inserted in the middle of loaf comes out clean, about 45 minutes to one hour (30 to 40 minutes for muffins). Let it cool for about five minutes; remove from pan/muffin tin to wire rack and allow to cool.