- 300g couscous
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped mint
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 red peppers, sliced into long, thick strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g halloumi, cut into 12 slices
- 2 avocados
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Set aside to cool and when fairly cool, stir in the herbs and the juice from one lemon.
- Heat a griddle pan until it is smoking hot. Place the pepper slices in a bowl and pour the oil over them, stirring to coat. Griddle them for 15 minutes, turning them once, until they are soft. Set to one side.
- Griddle the halloumi slices until the bottom comes away from the pan without sticking (this may take up to five minutes). Then turn them. Do the same for the other side and repeat until all the slices are done.
- Place a mound of couscous on each plate and arrange pepper slices over each pile.
- Slice the avocado
- Lay the avocado slices on the couscous mounds and top with the halloumi.
- Sprinkle the remaining lemon juice over each plate to prevent the avocado from going brown. Top with freshly ground black pepper.