It’s that time of the year when stress levels increase, temperatures decrease and the cold and flu bugs are doing the rounds.
Answers the questions below to see whether your immune system needs additional support.
– I get more than 3 colds a year
– I get a stomach bug each year
– I find it hard to shift an infection (e.g. a cold)
– I am prone to thrush
– I suffer from allergies
– I suffer from inflammatory disease (e.g. eczema, asthma, arthritis)
– I take medication
If you answered yes to 3 or more, your immune system needs additional support.
What your body needs:
Immune boosting nutrients – Our bodies our dependent on an optimal intake of vitamins and minerals – A, B’s, Folic acid, C, E, iron, magnesium and selenium
Bulking up on antioxidants and Vitamin C, help us fight off infection.
* Vitamin C – Natural anti-viral and anti-bacterial.
Food sources include carrots, broccoli, watercress, cauliflower, peppers, berries, kiwi, citrus fruit
* Garlic is a great food source antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. Try to have garlic every day. If you don’t enjoy garlic, you could consider taking garlic capsules.
Probiotics – nature’s antibiotics. Our balance of bacteria plays an important role in fighting off infection.
Good food sources of probiotics include natural yoghurt and fermented foods.
Share your immune boosting rips or other healthy habits on my Facebook group – Healthy Habits
Yours in good health
Fiona/ Into Nutrition