- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (sugar free)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees . Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the inside of each liner with non-stick cooking spray so that the liners do not stick to the muffins
- Place chickpeas and 1 egg in the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender and process until beans are well blended. Add remaining two eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder and salt and process again until smooth. Fold in ⅓ cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffins comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep muffins for a day at room temperature, then transfer to fridge and place in an airtight container. Makes +/- 10 muffins.
(www.ambitiouskitchen.com › flourless-peanut-butter-chickpea-muffins)