- 500ml wholewheat flour
- 20ml baking powder
- 2ml salt
- 12,5ml sugar or sugar replacement
- 50ml butter or coconut oil
- 125ml milk
- 125ml boiling water
- 2 rooibos teabags
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a mug or jug, add 125ml boiling water to 2 rooibos teabags. Infuse tea until strong. Leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Add butter or coconut oil to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to mixture and stir until mixed.
- Scoop mixture into greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown
(Recipe courtesy Carmien rooibos tea)