- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/ honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180. Prepare a medium baking sheet with baking paper.
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat. Add coconut oil, almond extract, cocoa powder, salt and maple syrup to the pot. Stir until coconut oil is melted and ingredients are thick and syrupy.
- To a large bowl, add oats, chia and shredded coconut. Then pour the syrup mixture over them mixing to combine well.
- Transfer the granola mixture onto a prepared baking sheet into an even layer.
- Bake at 180 for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let the granola sit on the baking sheet 1 hour to harden. Once cooled, break up the granola with spatula.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a mason jar or container to store.