As we head into a new season, I think about change and what it was like last year this time. It often feels like a massive blur. How is 2021 treating you so far? Are you managing to keep a routine going or are you practising organised chaos?
Personally, I thrive on routine and it’s one thing that has kept me going. The hard part has been trying to stay positive, optimistic and proactive. Do you find the less you do or have to do, the less you want to do? It becomes an unhealthy rut or habit and a bit of a viscous circle.
Here are 5 tips to get out of your slump or rut.
- Get going in the morning – shower, dress make your bed… even if you have nowhere to be.
- Make to-do lists – this will give you a sense of purpose and ultimately a sense of achievement
- Schedule something fun every day – this will give you something to look forward to
- Schedule in physical activity every day -this increases the feel good hormones and improves energy levels and sleep quality.
- Think positive thoughts – when you wake up (sets the tone for the day) and before you go to bed (makes for better sleep)
“Slumps are like a soft bed. Easy to get into, hard to get out of”
Wishing you all the moms a HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
Yours in good health
Fiona/ Into Nutrition