- 2 ½ to 5 cm piece of Fresh ginger, sliced thinly.
- 4 spring onions sliced into medium sized pieces.
- 1-2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped (you can also use a garlic press).
- 6 cups Chicken broth or chicken stock
- Place ginger, onions, garlic and mushrooms (if you choose) in a pot and add a small amount of broth.
- Simmer until ingredients are softened.
- Add the rest of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30minutes.
This broth/soup can be stored in the fridge easily for a few days. You can also eat the ginger pieces if you like for some extra heat.
Feel free to add some other vegetables if you desire to make it more of a meal. But be careful not to add too much salt.