- 1 cup full fat natural plain yogurt (or greek yogurt) You may not need the entire cup depending upon the type of yogurt and flour you use
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- herbs & spices
- In a bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Next, add in the yogurt (depending upon what flour you use, you may not need all of the yogurt. It’s best to add it little by little). Mix until the yogurt has absorbed the flour. You may need to get in there with your hands to really bring the dough together.
- Once the dough is formed into a smooth ball, place it on a floured surface. Using a knife divide the dough into 6 balls.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll each one out to a circle. Try to roll the dough as thin as possible as this will ensure the bread cooks evenly on both sides with a nice air bubbles in between.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Ue oil or butter to fry
- Place a dough circle into the hot pan and allow the bread to toast and bubble up cooking for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the bread is nice and toasty on each side remove from the heat sprinkle with fresh herbs and spices of your choice
- Repeat this process until all 6 flatbreads are cooked. Stack up on a plate or in a covered basket to keep warm. – Can be stored at room temperature for 3 days. Reheat on the pan before use.
*Perfect for soups or to accompany a braai